Six pages immersed in knowledge friendship


Six pages immersed in knowledge friendship:

The old letter that I have kept as an amulet, immersed in the authenticity of sincerity, is the letter of grace of the six-page letter of Ms. Saleha Abid Hussain, the prince of Urdu language and literature, in which she has placed it generously. The reason for writing this letter, which is more than 5 years old, was my book in which I visited the subcontinent and saw where the books of the time of our elders are and in what condition. The letter is so comprehensive that everything is said in it. So there is no need to make a preamble here. Let's just say that Saleha Abid Hussain was the daughter of a very learned family and the daughter-in-law of a very intelligent family. He was awarded the fourth highest national award by the Government of India for his participation in the living movements of his time. I had the privilege of serving him during my travels. After reading his letter, Jabeen Aqeedat bows down even today. The letter is long and it is as if no part of it wants to be deleted. So I keep half of it for next week. Read and travel with me on the waves of time:

 

Saleha Abid Hussain Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, October 6, 7

Dear Reza Abidi. Prayers, I didn't even think that I would meet you like this. He drew attention. Picked up The author's name is Raza Ali Abidi. Subject Hindu Pak Libraries. I picked up the book and read it in three days despite my busy schedule, heat and illness and at the same time I am writing this letter to congratulate you on the publication of this beautiful, useful book.

On the one hand, this book gives a detailed introduction to the well-known libraries of India and Pakistan, but more than that, it introduces the priceless collection of these anonymous, dilapidated books in which the jewels of unparalleled books are priceless and priceless. Most are hidden. The treasures of science and literature, religion and mysticism and sciences all over the world are crumbling or will be lost in a short time if they are not addressed. When you came to see me in the evening, perhaps two years ago, I did not even think that you had come with such a great work. The fact is that it was such a difficult and difficult task even for a team that is fully acquainted with science and literature, but you alone lifted this great burden and paid its due. Now it is the work of the people of heart and determination. To save these precious treasures of knowledge and literature from being destroyed in any way. Scholars and esteemed people in their countries are not rare but how is it possible to reach them. Where is the opportunity for the ruler of politics and power, where is the taste? Anyway, I congratulate you once again for your great work.

Apparently, the dry name of this 'library' does not give people the attraction they deserve. How do they know that in this dry name there are flowers like Gul Hai Tar, Sabz-e-Sabz and Luluye Shahwar and Gohar Abdar? I have not only collected the information but also made the book so interesting that I do not want to leave it in my hand. The titles draw the mind: the valley of knowledge, worship continues, the chain of ignorance, six thousand milestones, the door is closed, and so on. It is difficult to attribute these titles to the subject itself.

I mentioned your book to my dear brother Colonel Shabbir Hasnain Zaidi yesterday, he is eager to read and I have asked Syeda and promised to send him to the library to read it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Although now he has become very weak. Are Omar Masha is 9 years old but his commitment to work and national service is even higher than before. He has provided many books for Raza Library and many other libraries by asking the government. "I will talk about the Nizam Deccan library in Hyderabad and ask the National Archives Museum to buy books from the people and preserve them," he said. You must send them a book as soon as possible and if you can, you will have a letter in which you will tell your suggestions.

I have seven or eight cupboards full of books, but they are only published. Abid's brief collection of German and English books was donated to the Zakir Hussain Library of the University during his lifetime. I have also given most of Syedan ​​ Sahib's books (which I can get my hands on) to Zakir Hussain Library. There is a deep wound behind it. My father Khawaja Ghulam Al-Thaqleen and my uncle Khawaja Ghulam Al-Hussein had a very large library in which I heard that there were many important books in English and Arabic, Persian, French, etc., and perhaps even manuscripts. After my father's death (my age) 5 years of my elder brother John (3 years) Nawab Sahib Rampur wanted to buy this library from my uncle for Raza Library. Probably offered ten thousand (ten thousand of that time) which would be a lot for their orphans. But my uncles and aunts loved my late brother's books. How could they try to separate this treasure? So the great uncles kept adding to it. Ms. Phupi made a big room in her house and made cupboards (despite a very limited income) and stored books in her mind. We children were not even allowed to touch these books of our father. A few years later, Uncle Mohtarma also passed away and the family hoped that Syedan ​​Sahib would take care of this library. But he was busy with his work. Until the time of year 7 came. Panipat Ajra. Thirty thousand Muslims were forced to leave their homeland, home and everything and go to Pakistan and when a few years later with the help of Pandit Nehru, me and my younger brother Azhar Abbas went to Panipat. So not a single page of these ten thousand books was in or around this house. This was the story of my father's library. The story of Maulana Hali's library is similarly painful. (to be continued)

----------------------------------------------------